The work of the Java Card Forum is never complete – even before the latest Version of the Java Card platform has been published, JCF Members are already compiling recommendations for the next Release.
Below are some of the areas that the JCF is currently working on:
- Keeping Java Card Specifications up-to-date to reflect technology evolution by staying in synch with relevant standardization organisations, e.g. GSMA, ETSI, 3GPP, GlobalPlatform, etc.
- Considering industry requirements based on feedback from the field/product deployments
- Optimizing footprint and execution speed of the Java Card Runtime for traditional markets (Payment, ID, Telco , etc.)
- Designing new APIs for emerging markets in need of security, e.g. IoT, enabling up-to-date security functionality in Tools and Runtime
- Studies/analysis and white papers with regard to emerging technologies
If you feel that your company could contribute to the work of the JCF, contact us to find out how to join the Forum (please note: membership is ONLY open to companies/organisations and not individuals – check out our joining criteria).